Do I have to pay Sabam if I play foreign music?

Yes. Sabam has concluded reciprocal agreements with foreign copyright societies. This means that we represent their repertoire in Belgium. If you want to play music from their repertoire during your event or in your business, we can provide you with the necessary licence.

Conversely, foreign copyright societies also collect royalties when works by Belgian authors are used abroad.

To check whether the music you play is part of the national or international repertoire represented by Sabam, please take a look at our catalogue.