When do I need a DJ licence?

Do you only use original CDs, records or original downloads? Then you don't need a licence. But if you use copies, a DJ licence is required (for example, if you burn a compilation CD).

An original download is the first recording of this download on a computer or smartphone. Making a copy on another computer, external hard disk, smartphone, MP3 player, USB stick, CD-R, etc. is only allowed for private use.