After long negotiations, the federal government has decided to compensate you for the rights you have lost since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Sabam is therefore authorized to distribute 16 million euros to compensate authors, composers and publishers for their losses suffered in 2020 and 2021.
Four different compensations
The last few weeks Sabam has worked with the government to develop a system of 4 compensations. Depending on the compensation, we will calculate the amount for you fully automatically or on the basis of supporting documents you will have to submit.
- A compensation for cancelled/postponed concerts and theatre performances.
- A compensation for the use of your works in catering and commercial businesses.
On the basis of supporting documents:
- If you were not a member of Sabam in the period from 2017 to 2019, or if your works were rarely or never played during this period, we will calculate your compensation for cancelled/postponed concerts and theatre performances on request.
- A lump-sum compensation for other projects.
Member of Sabam?
MySabam now offers the brand-new application MyCovidCompensation where you can find out what compensation schemes you are eligible for. It also allows you to easily submit your supporting documentation if necessary. The submission deadline is 30 September 2021.
No MySabam account yet? Don’t delay! Request an account now via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Author, but not a member of Sabam ?
The legislator has provided for you to be able to apply for your compensation via Sabam on the basis of supporting documents. Please use the following documents:
- Compensation for cancelled/postponed concerts & theatre performances
- Lump-sum compensation for other projects
Please send the completed documents together with your supporting documents to email@example.com.
We’ve bundled all the information for you on our website in a series of concrete questions and answers.
Didn’t find an answer to your question? Do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call: 02 286 84 84. You can reach us between 9:30 am and 1 pm every business day. Our staff will be happy to help you.