Although our offices will be closed until 31 August and our employees are working from home, we will continue to advise and assist you. Your royalties will also be paid out as planned.
If you have any questions, please consult our list of FAQs. You did not find the answer to your question? Contact us via our contact form. This way, your question will be treated with priority. Do you still want to reach us by phone? This is possible every working day from 9.30 AM to 1 PM and from 2 PM until 3.30PM, on 02 286 84 84.
If you are an associate of Sabam and we manage your copyright royalties, then the mechanical reproduction royalties have to be paid, even if you are releasing your own works on a sound carrier (self-releasing).
You may however be eligible for a copyright exemption (limited to a maximum of 1.000 copies per catalogue number) if you meet the conditions below. Please note that there is an administrative cost of € 50 (+ 21% VAT) per licence application.
- The author/composer is 100% owner of all works on the sound carrier.
- The applicant may not be a legal entity (non-profit association, private limited company,...).
- The manufacturing costs are entirely at the expense of the author/composer.
- The works may not have been published at the time of the application.
- Sabam has no obligation to the publisher if the works are published AFTER the manufacturing. The author/composer is directly liable to the publisher if the latter claims copyright royalties for the pressing concerned.
- The exemption only applies to authors/composers who are members of Sabam.
- The application of the exemption must be explicitly requested.
- Music groups may also qualify for this exemption subject to the written consent of all authors/composers involved within the group.