Sabam will be exceptionally closed on Monday 21 June.
Our staff will be at your service all other business days, from 9.30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Call 02 286 84 84.
Our database is a useful tool if you want to:
- Find out whether a work belongs to the national or international Sabam repertoire.
- Edit, adapt or translate the music or the text of a number, compose a medley or use a sample and you are looking for the publisher who has to give his written authorisation on behalf of the composer/author before the performance or reproduction.
- Publish music on an audio medium and are looking for the name of the author(s) and publisher(s) for the label information so that the authors' royalties can be correctly paid.
If you don't find a particular work, you cannot automatically assume that:
- You don't need to ask for permission for editing, adaptation, translation, medleys or use of samples.
- No authors' royalties are due for public performances or presentations and mechanical reproductions.
Some works may not yet be in the database because they have not yet been declared by our members or by our sister associations.