My music is used in a commercial. Do I have to give permission for this?

If someone wants to use one of your works in a commercial, that person must first ask your permission. You can give this permission for free or in exchange for a fee. Sabam will not interfere with this.

Have you given your permission? Then the advertising agency will pay the performing royalties to Sabam and you will receive these royalties through a Sabam distribution.

Make sure that the musical work that is used in the commercial is registered with Sabam. We can only pay out your performing royalties on the basis of a registration. You can also report the performance of a commercial yourself via MyPlaylist.