Although our offices will be closed until 31 August and our employees are working from home, we will continue to advise and assist you. Your royalties will also be paid out as planned.
If you have any questions, please consult our list of FAQs. You did not find the answer to your question? Contact us via our contact form. This way, your question will be treated with priority. Do you still want to reach us by phone? This is possible every working day from 9.30 AM to 1 PM and from 2 PM until 3.30PM, on 02 286 84 84.
If your music is being broadcast on television, we calculate the amount of these royalties based on following parameters:
1. the amount of royalties that the broadcaster is paying us
2. the number of works among which we distribute this sum
3. the number of points that we attribute to your work:
- credits or jingle: 1 point
- light music: 3 points
- serious music: 6.5 points
- jazz: 5 points
4. the number of broadcasts
5. the duration of the work
6. if your music is used in an audiovisual work and which type (fiction, documentary film, advert, ...)
7. if foreground or background music is concerned
8. if your music is broadcast during the day or the evening
9. if your work is a production (on request) of the broadcaster
If your work is a production of the broadcaster, you will also receive mechanical rights in addition to your performing rights.
The first two parameters of the list vary each year. Consequently, it is difficult to estimate beforehand how many royalties your broadcast will generate.