We are moving! This means that our offices will be closed from 18 November. You can of course continue to contact us during this period. From 12 December, we will be happy to welcome you at our new address.
As an author
The reproduction right is of great importance for all published authors: Novelists, poets, playwrights, essayists, illustrators, etc. The reproduction rights are managed i.a. by Sabam that makes its professional know-how available.
Before we can start doing that, however, you first have to become a member of our association. You can find the necessary documents here.
As a literary publisher
You have signed an agreement with one or more authors? Congratulations! In this case it is useful for you to become a member of Sabam.
You will need these documents:
- the membership application form as a publisher, completed and signed by the owner, manager or representative of the publishing company;
- A copy of the deed that you have filed with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises, stating your position as a publisher and your company name;
- Only for legal entities:
- A copy of the Articles of Association of the company as published in the Belgian Official Gazette, stating your function as a publisher and the name under which your company carries out its publishing activities;
- Proof that you are a shareholder, legal representative, director or manager of the publishing company, insofar as this is not stated in the Articles of Association;
- an original publishing contract with declaration form(s) of the published works, signed by all rightholders;
- proof that the works you have published have been used publicly (e.g. by communication to the public or reproduction) during the last two years before your membership application.