As an author
As a composer or author it is not always easy to manage your authors' rights yourself. Sabam can help you with this.
Before Sabam can start doing so, you have to become a member of our association.
Sabam will make sure you receive a fee when your work is used in one way or another: during a concert, on radio or television, on a CD, website, download or streaming platform,…
As long as your work is not being used, it is not useful to join Sabam. You can however already deposit your works at onlinedepot.be, the free deposit service of Sabam that is open to non-members as well.
After filling in the form, you will receive a confirmation mail with more information about the further course of your membership application.
As a music publisher
Have you signed an agreement with one or more authors? Congratulations! In that case, it’s a good idea to join Sabam. Here is a list of the documents that are required:
- the membership application form for publishers, completed and signed by the owner, administrator or representative;
- proof of the certificate you deposited with the Crossroads Bank of Enterprises (the former trade register), which must include your function as a publisher as well as your company name;
- only for legal persons: a copy of the articles of association published in the Belgian Official Gazette, that must include your function as a publisher and the name under which your company carries out its publishing activities
- only for legal persons: proof of shareholdership or management or proof of legitimate representation if not included in the articles of association;
- for works that are part of the publishing fund: a publishing agreement (NL version / FR version) signed by all right holders for at least 5 works (or works with a minimum duration of 15 minutes) and, in case of co-publishing, for at least 10 works (or works with a minimum duration of 30 minutes);
- the registration form agreement original publication (NL version / FR version);
- for each work: the registration form for published musical works (NL version / FR version);
- proof that you actually exploit the works you publish by providing us with either commercial sound carriers (commercial cassette or CD, record or graphic edition, iTunes link,…) or other carriers that proof the exploitation or proof of performance (YouTube link,…).
Any questions regarding your affiliation as a publisher? Please contact our Customer Service at the number +32 2/286.84.84 or by email to email@example.com. They will be happy to help.
Have you signed an agreement with a different publisher as sub-publisher? Then please contact our Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.